Here, in one place, is a listing with links to multi-country rankings, ratings and searchable databases quantifying measures of gender equality and women's empowerment.
These websites and reports provide searchable databases or country-by-country comparisons, including ratings and rankings, of the status of women internationally. They are listed alphabetically by author or publishing institution.
For other important reports that all womenablers should have on their reference shelves - including some of the sources below that publish reports - visit Womenable's Reference Library listing.
- ACG, Inc. & Dell - Global Women Entrepreneur Leaders Scorecard (ranking of 31 countries)
- Data 2X.org - Resources page
- Economist Intelligence Unit - Women's Economic Opportunity Index 2010 and Women's Economic Opportunity Index 2012
- The Global Entrepreneurship and Development Institute - The Gender GEDI Index (2014) and The Gender GEDI Index (2013)
- Global Entrepreneurship Monitor - Women and Entrepreneurship reports (web page)
- Inter-American Development Bank's Multilateral Investment Fund (MIF/OMIN) (in partnership with Economist Intelligence Unit - WEVentureScope (an interactive web site analyzing and ranking the state of women's entrepreneurship in 20 countries in Latin American and the Caribbean)
- No Ceilings: The Full Participation Project - noceilings.org (web page, searchable database)
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) - Gender, Institutions and Development Database (web page, searchable database)
- OECD - Social Institutions and Gender Index, build customized listings at My Gender Index
- Strategy& (formerly Booz & Company) The Third Billion Index, and related reports
- United Nations Development Program (UNDP) - Gender Inequality Index
- UNDP - Human Development Reports (various countries and years), which introduced the Gender and Development Index (GDI) and the Gender Empowerment Measure (GEM) (Read this table and technical note to learn more. These two measures have now been replaced by the GII, referenced above.)
- UN Women - Constitutional Database (web page, searchable database)
- World Bank - Gender Data Portal (web page, searchable database)
- World Bank - GenderStats Portal (Gender Equality Data & Statics, searchable database)
- WomanStats Project - womanstats.org (web page, searchable database)
- World Bank - Women, Business and the Law (web page, links to reports, searchable database)
- World Economic Forum - Global Gender Gap reports (annual since 2006)